Grants and Scholarships
Every year JustFundKy awards grants to individuals and groups working to advance the fair treatment of LGBTQ Kentuckians. The earnings from the Cliff Todd Endowment are used to promote education efforts of other individuals and organizations to increase awareness and understanding of the LGBTQ community in Kentucky.
Every year JustFundKY awards an education grant in honor of the Imperial Court of Kentucky. The Imperial Court has been an incredible partner in helping establish our endowment. We are reminded of their contribution every year as we award a grant in their honor.
Grants will be awarded based on the earnings from the endowment, the principal will not be disturbed. As a result, the amounts to be awarded will depend on the amount of earnings from the previous year. We anticipate the typical grant amount for the coming year to be in the range from $1,000 to $5,000.
The goal of the Clifford Todd Endowment grants is to promote fairness and LGBTQ equality throughout the Commonwealth. Education is the method we have chosen for accomplishing our goal.
We are seeking to:
- Promote understanding, tolerance and acceptance of LGBTQ Kentuckians by the community at large.
- Promote grassroots leadership development.
- Build collaborative efforts between LGBTQ and non-LGBTQ organizations.
- Create inclusive communities.
JustFundKy does not fund and Clifford Todd Endowment grants will not be awarded to:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political candidates or political parties
- For profit corporations
- Capital campaigns
- Direct services
- Programming outside the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- JustFundKY does not pay indirect costs associated with grants to Colleges and Universities.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A GRANT?
First thing to do: submit a letter of inquiry by March 1st. If you have previously received a similar grant from JustFundKY or are confident your request is consistent with the JustFundKY mission, the letter of inquiry is not necessary
LETTER OF INQUIRY
A letter of inquiry must be no more than one or two pages in length and contain the following information:
- a brief history of the organization or group making the request
- name, address, phone and email of the contact person
- a description of the proposed project
- the project's desired outcome
- the grant amount being requested, total project budget and annual organizational budget (if applicable)
- other committed and /or anticipated funding sources for the project
All letters of inquiry will be reviewed. Organizations that outline a request that is consistent with the goals and parameters of the Clifford Todd Endowment shall be invited to submit a formal and detailed application by March 15th.
FORMAL GRANT APPLICATION
Please download and complete the Formal Grant Application for consideration.
HOW WILL THE GRANT BE EVALUATED?
JustFundKY has adopted a grant rubric to assist the Grant Review Committee in making its decisions.
View the Grant Rubric
DEADLINE FOR GRANT APPLICATIONS
March 15, 2020
WHEN WILL THE GRANT DECISIONS BE ANNOUNCED
May 1, 2020
Please download and complete the Post-Grant Report.
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION?
Are you interested in more information about JustFundKY's grants and scholarships? Do you need some additional clarification? Please get in touch with us!